Sunday, September 21, 2014

My interview with Lily Paradis! The author of Ignite!

1. How did you come up with the handsome character of Dean Powell?


Lily: He just sort of strolled into my mind one day. I was sitting at the DMV getting my license renewed after turning 21, and I had a lot of time to wait and just dream him up. Also, I write the kind of guys that I would want to read about and fall in love with, so that makes it pretty easy!


2. What made you think that you should write sarcastically in some points of Ignite?


Lily: At times it was hard to separate myself from Lauren, so those little bits are part of my personality. Sometimes I'm a little bit too sarcastic and sassy for my own good. I think there's always going to be a little bit of sarcasm in my characters because tat's how I am. It would be too dry without it.


3. How did you expect people to react to your book?


Lily: I honestly had no idea. The only person who had read it prior to the editing stage was my friend Maddie, whose quote is in the front of the book. She read it chapter by chapter as I was writing it because I would email them to her right after I wrote them. She loved it, but she was one person, and I'm biased, so I had no ide. A few of my other friends liked it when they beta read for me, but if you went by ho my editors reacted, the book wouldn't have been published. On a more positive note, I've been really overwhelmed by the support from everyone so far!


4. I know that Arclight anVolition are books to be in your future, ae you working on any other projects?


Lily: Yes, I have Equilibium, which is a Sci- Fi/ historical fantasy mash up, Rise, which is a sci-fi, Ragnaok, which is a Dystopian novel ( You can tell by the title), and Solstice, which is another contemporary YA romance. Then I also have Valkyrie, which is a historical fiction/ fantasy, and Skyfall, which is a contemporary YA romance with a twist. Right now Volition is my favorite because I am obsessed with Tate McKenna and Hayden Rockefeller.


5. In Ignite there are several references about movies, are you a move buff?


Lily: I wouldn't say I am a buff, But I do enjoy movies! I have a partially photographic memory and I watch movies with subtitles because I'm weird, so it's easy for me to remember random tidbits about movies. Also, my college roommate and best friend was a film major, so I watched a lot of movies with her. I'm glad you caught them, I was a little bit worried about a couple, especially the wedding date reference.


Thank you, Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment